Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello, finally, to the blogging world.

I'm struck by how not alone I really am, even as I live without a partner. Statistics all over the place tell how more of us than ever are partnering late, or not at all. Those facts moved me to write a book called: "Living Alone Creatively: How Twelve People Do It."

Those twelve came to a fulfilling unpartnered life in different ways, and from different backgrounds (including some who had been married). But one thing they had in common: a willingness to embrace challenges and risk change...and realize that perfection was an unrealistic goal. Being partnered they also found unnecessary for a life they wanted.

I'd like to hear of someone you know (maybe you!) who lives a fulfilling life unpartnered. What's that person's story? If you'd like, I'll share it with others (or won't if you don't like). I'll share with you more of what I've learned from the people in my book, a dozen who were courageous enough to step out and let others hear their stories.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting started. Here's hoping you hear from lots of people with something to share.

Jay Sandvos said...

Nice start, Stanley! I tried blogging, but it was too time consuming and I gave up. I don;t know the details, but I think some people cross-promote their blog on their Facebook and/or LinkedIn pages....

Unknown said...

Hi Stanley, who would have told us forty-six years ago that one day you would be blogging and me responding TO YOU ALONE, please.
I this case, I admire your energy! I never had the desire to blog, although I sometimes am curious about all these blogs in creation. True I live alone, but my time is so taken up that on the rare occasion I have nothing to do, I enjoy getting to all those unread piles on the side of my kitchen table. But every day one can learn something new. For instance I just saw Linkedln for the second time in as manhy days. I was told it is a 'professioals' blog? And so, thank you for showing me how to enter your blog.

Unknown said...

I should have word checked the above.... but you are intelligent, I know you will understand. Anxiously yours,

Anat P said...

Fine website you have here, sir.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on joining the blogosphere. I enjoyed your book, "Living Alone Creatively." I've had a lot of experience with living alone --between marriages, love affairs, etc. Relationship does not preclude aloneness. In fact, it can heighten the feeling. Being whole and fulfilled within myself has proved key to my happiness. Also, being a writer leaves me little or no time alone. My characters chat up a storm in my head. I confess, I talk back to them!

Christina

Unknown said...

hi stanley
very nice to know you are sailing to new projects.. wish i had just a bit part of your energy for my studies.
Hey i live alone!! in fact for 4 years :) but dont think that kind of creatively. I neither think i desire an unpartnered life.. so im not a good example for this project :) but i would follow your notes here with pleasure.
take care and see you one day again
greetings from germany

Hely's Bloggger said...

Hi Stan.

We, me and Herbert posted a comment before, but for some unkown reason, it did not go through.
We hope that you get a nice response because you deserve it.

Leon Morris said...

Stanley,
Congratulations (Mazal tov) on launching this new blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts and having an additional way to be connected to you and your work.
Warmly,
Leon

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online